How To Make Apricot-Pistachio Chocolate Bark?
This vegan apricot-pistachio chocolate bark is a low carb, gluten-free, grain-free and diary-free recipe that is relatively healthy and simply delicious. The chocolate makes a good combination with soft plump apricots, while the pistachios add some crunch and texture to this indulgent treat! Find out how to make this easy, no-bake chocolate bark in this article.
This recipe serves 10 to 12 people.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
“Cooking” time 15 minutes
What you need:
- 2 and a ½ cups of vegan dark chocolate blocks
- ½ cup of diced dried apricots
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- Sea salt flakes
- 1/3 cup of coarsely diced pistachios
- A pot or a double boiler
- Line the baking tray with baking paper. Try to clip the paper onto the tray so that you can pour the chocolate onto the tray without the paper moving away from its ideal position.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil with a double boiler or place them in a heat resistant bowl and heat them in a pot of boiling water. Melt until they are of a smooth consistency.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the baking tray and spread the chocolate in a way that it is 6 mm thick. Sprinkle the apricots and pistachios on top, and some salt as you wish.
- Refrigerate the melted chocolate for 1 hour or more so that it can harden completely.
- Break the bark into pieces and store them in a cool, dry place.
You may replace pistachio nuts with any type of dried nuts that you prefer. Just ensure that the quantities are the same and you are good to go. You could also replace nuts for sunflower seeds (without shells) and pumpkin seeds for a nut-free choice.